Friday, February 19, 2010

Its been 2 weeks

I have had so much going on the last 2 weeks that I didn't even get around to blogging last Friday like I normally do. I was thinking about backing off a bit but I decided not to. I enjoy blogging because I enjoy writing down my feelings and documenting things that have happened. Someone on my husbands side of the family said that I blog too much and spend too much time on the internet.....to them I say, SO WHAT!?!?!?! I am making GREAT grades. I am rarely on Saturday-Thursday. Friday is MY day to get stuff done around the house and do what I want to do, like making this blog! Now that I have that off my chest I will move on......

Last week was a great and fun week for us. It was the first time in my life that I have ever seen that much snow in Texas EVER! The N. Texas/DFW area hit an ALL TIME RECORD! We got 12-13 inches of snow from the time it started to the time it stopped. George and his dad made a "red neck sled" as I call it. It was made out of a wheel barrow and and an old pair of skis! It was F-U-N!!!
My mom got here last Friday afternoon and I am so happy that she is here. She has to go back to California on the 27th for her surgery on the 8th of March. George and I went out to eat dinner last Friday night to celebrate out Valentines! We went to Gloria's (mexican food) and it was YUMMY!

This past week was my final's week. I am not sure what I got for my final grade but I am feeling confident about this Mod. I can't believe that I only have 2 more mod's before I take my CRMA testing and then I start 4 months of X-Ray/EKG program. then Im DONE (for now). I am planning on working a year or two and then furthering my education. We got a letter in the mail on Tuesday from the little girl that we were able to help from the donation to the Operation Smile. One of Rylee's birthday presents every year is a donation in her name to Operation Smile. This year for Rylee's birthday they sent her a blanket with her name monogrammed on it and also a cleft bear (the bear has a cleft lip repair also). It was so rewarding to get the letter from Arafase, an Ethiopian little girl that finally after 13 years was able to get her lip repaired. Here are pictures of the bear and blanket the Rylee got for her birthday from the foundation and also the before and after pictures of Arafase.
I am not sure what we are doing this weekend. I am planning on having lunch with my mom and my aunts this afternoon and then my mom is coming back to have a sleep over with Rylee Roo! Im sure that George and I will end up having a date night.

that is about it for now..........


2 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys had fun in the snow! It was crazy, too bad it couldn't have lasted longer! Good job on your school missy! Not much longer and you will be done! Thats an amazing thing that you guys do for operation smiles in Rylee's name. :) ~still praying for your Mom, and you of course!~ Have a good weekend, and as for that person who says you blog too much...why do they care? Its not like anything is suffering b/c of it...sheesh! They shouldn't be reading it if it bothers them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had family members say the same thing to me too! They can get over it b/c it's none of their business.

    A lot of places got a lot of snow! We got quite a bit and I think we're gonna be getting some more! I hope to make a snowman with Kyndra soon.

    Wow, Arafase looks great! I am sure she is so happy!

    ReplyDelete