Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Mommy update

Today my mom had a meeting with her oncologist to see when/if they were going to start that new treatment. BUT they have changed there mind all together. As of now they are going to do a full body scan to locate the other tumors that they are pretty sure are growing. She is having a hard time gaining or even maintaining her underweight frame. They are going to start the pill form of chemotherapy. I will be honest, I am a little bummed about them not trying the treatment but if they think this will be best then I will trust the doctors and support their decision. The best news is that my mom should be back to Texas by July. They will monitor her by weekly blood work but she can have blood drawn anywhere and the results can be sent back to her doctors in California. I will know more as the week goes on so I will update more in my post this Friday.....

Speaking of which, I missed last Friday but I will catch you all up this Friday, promise!

That is about it for now..........

2 comments:

  1. Sorry they're not doing the treatment now. If she gains weight would they be able to go and do that treatment even if she's started chemo or is that option totally out now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still praying for you and your Mama! Thanks for the info on the diapers, I need every $$ break I can get, but I am chicken to branch out and try new, I will though, i am taking your word. :) Hope school is going well. Keep us updated on your Mom!

    ReplyDelete