Friday, August 20, 2010

I don't even know where to begin....

SOOO much has happened since my last post. I will keep it short-ish! I am happy to say that yesterday was my last day of school...sort of. I have to go to class from 8am-noon on Saturday for the next four weeks while I am on my externship. I know for sure that I will maintain my 4.0 that I have been carrying for 11 months!!!! YAY ME!!!!! I took my NRCMA (nationally certified medical assistant) exam today. WHEW..so glad to have that done and over with.

I am then going to California to be with my mom for up to a month. She is not good. I can't go to far into it because it is too hard to talk about, all I can do is pray for her. My mom has had a rough 3 weeks. She has been soo ill from her chemo that she cant keep food or water down. She has has a bed sore from sleeping and not having the energy to get out of bed. I have been struggling with starting my externship now or putting it off for a few weeks. She went to the hospital last night and they pumped her full of 3 bags of fluids and now she is feeling a lot better and she has even had an appitite today! That is great. I am going to go ahead and start my externship and if I need to take time off in the middle I will but hopefully she will be strong enough for me to wait a couple of weeks to go out there.

George is great, busy and working in the 100+ degree weather that we have had for the last 21 days is not making it easy. We have Rylee's school meet and greet on Sunday to meet her new teacher. She starts her new class on Monday!!! it is officially time for school to start for her and END for me for a while!!!

That is about it for now............

1 comment:

  1. Praying for your mom, Monica. Chemo is such rough stuff. :( I'm glad that the fluids helped her some.

    ReplyDelete