Friday, August 27, 2010

in a nut shell........

My mom got her first brain tumor in Sept. 2003. She has had 4 tumors removed and one reconstructive surgery and 74 treatments of radiation from 2003-2008.All of those tumors were benign (non cancerous). She went all of 2009 tumor free! In October 2009 my mom got the release from her doctors to move back home to Texas and to come back in January for another MRI.  In January they found another tumor on her brain then in February they found several in her lung. They did a biopsy on one of the tumors in her lung which confirmed our worse fears. For the first time...she has cancer. She has been fighting hard but the chemo and cancer are too much for her fragile body to handle. I got a call yesterday that I need to get out there asap. So....that is what i am doing. Please pray for her. I'm would love for her to be cured but I am trying to be realistic....I just don't want her to be in pain anymore.The thought of losing my mom right now hurts so bad that at times it takes my breath away.....

3 comments:

  1. Oh, Mon, I am so sorry. Thinking of you and praying for your Mom, well and you too! My heart hurts for you, I could never even imagine what you are going through. :( Keep us updated, and if there is anything we can do for you....let any of us know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry Monica! I'm praying so hard for your mom!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Monica, my heart breaks for you. I am praying for you and you beautiful mom.

    ReplyDelete