Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Excitement

As the days draw closer to getting on the plane to California to see my mom, the anxiety sets in and the reality hits me that I am going to be traveling ALONE with a child who is smack in the middle of her "terrible 2's". I am so excited to see my mom, that the anxiety quickly subsides!!! Rylee has an obcession with Little Einsteins so I have been getting her ready for the plane by telling her that we are going on a mission in a rocket ship just like her Einstein friends and that seems to make her excited!

I talked to my mom lastnight and she had a doctor appointment with her proton therepy doctor to discuss treatment options for the tumor in her lung. Her doctor came up with an interesting and exciting option for my mom! There is a doctor in Europe who has been using a drug on patients with tumors similar to my moms and has had GREAT success with it. No patient has ever tried it here in the United States and she wants my mom to be the first!!! Today we should know if she is a good candidate for the treatment. She has her pre-op with her neurosurgeon today who happens to be on the same tumor board as her proton doctor and hopefully he will be on board with this treatment.  If she has the treatment that will meen that she will not have to have surgery. The drug is not FDA approved so the hospital will take on the cost of the drug and treatment. If she gets approved for it, which the doctors seem to think she will, they could start as early as next Monday, which is when she was scheduled to have her brain surgery. I am praying that this all works out and that my mom will not have to go under the knife again but ultimately I know that God has a plan and that the outcome is in His hands. Please continue to keep her in your prayers.....

That is about it for now...........

1 comment:

  1. I hope that Rylee does well on the plane. Hopefully thinking it is a rocket ship will help!

    I really hope that they pick your mom to try out the drug. That would be great!

    ReplyDelete