Friday, June 25, 2010

Busy busy busy.....

Sunday, Father's Day was a GREAT day for us. Rylee, George and I had breakfast at Estella's and then went to my dad's house. My brother, Steven and his wife and baby girl flew in from North Carolina. I had not seen my "baby" brother in over a year. He returned from a year LONG tour in Iraq at the end of May where he was reunited with my sister-in-law, Stephanie and his daughter Emma that he had not seen since she was 2-3 weeks old. BUT my most exciting moment was when I FINALLY GOT TO MEET MY NIECE!!!!!!!! I took TONS of pictures. Rylee wasn't sure about her at first but she was in love with Emma by the time we went home.
^^^ I love moments like these ^^^
Monday I started EKG. I am liking it a LOT. It is BY FAR the hardest part of school that I have been in so far and the work is 2 times more than I am used to. I am hoping to work in a cardiologist's office or doing EKGs/Stress Tests for a hospital. It is a LOT of information in such a short ammount of time. We covered 4 chapters the first week (4 days) and took 2 tests, did 2 chapters of homework and wrote a paper. This is how EVERY week will be. The tests were HARD....I got an 89 on one and a 92 on the other and those were probably the highest grades in the class! With the grades of the homework and paper though I still have a 95 average after the first week *phewww*. I was talking to a girl in her last part of EKG and like me, she had a 4.0 in all of her previous mods/classes but when she was in my mod she got her first B average. That scares me and makes me more determined to study study study. I studied from 2-9 on Wednesday night with the exception of picking up Rylee from school and eating dinner. Also on Monday, Rylee and I drove to N. Dallas to meet up with some mommies that I met on cafemom over 2 years ago!!!! Our babies are all January 2008 babies....that was FUN. There are a LOT of pictures on facebook if you are interested in looking at them.


Today i took the first of 4 refresher classes for my Medical Assisting Certification. I am taking my certification test on August 20. It is too late for me to register for the July test =(. I am so close to being done with school I can taste it *YUM YUM*

George is going to Austin for the weekend and Rylee and I are going to be spending as much time as we can with Steven, Stephanie, and Emma because they are leaving on Tuesday.

That's about it for now......

1 comment:

  1. Glad your brother is home!

    Sounds like this next module is the hardest but I think you will do great! You can come work with me and do stress test. :) lol

    ReplyDelete