Friday, January 22, 2010

pee pee in the potty- WEEK 1

Rylee is officially potty training! We decided that Tuesday would be our start day. I dropped Rylee off of school with 3 changes of clothes and 3 pairs of panties and her stack of diapers that were already there. I was expecting to pick her up and have at least 1-2 soiled outfits to bring home and wash. To our surprise.......NO ACCIDENTS!!!!!!!!! We were shocked, proud, amazed, and happy to know that we were not starting too early. Rylee has been going pee pee on the potty in the mornings more mornings than not since before she was 18 months old. However, after the initial pee in the potty in the morning getting her to go the rest of the day was not something that she was interested in doing. I talked with her pediatrician and asked him what he thought and he said that when she starts showing interest to encourage her but that once we start, we don't stop. It can take up to 8 months but I am confident that she will be potty trained before that. I also had done research on different ways that parents potty train and one of the things that made since for me was to NOT use pull ups or any other training diaper, because after all that is what it is, a glorified diaper. She is in panties all day at school except at nap time and she is in panties when she is at home unless she is sleeping or in the car.

Tuesday she had one accident when we got home because we were playing out side and when I told her we were going in to use the potty she got upset and started to throw a fit and in turn peed on herself :/. Wednesday she had one accident at school because the afternoon teacher didn't put her on the potty for 1 hr and 20 min.....well duh lady, she is potty training that means no more that 45 min. - 1 hour without potty time!!!! She also didnt quite make it to the potty when we were getting ready for bath time. She wasn't paying attention and sat on the floor NEXT TO THE POTTY....she tried! Yesterday was another great day at school and she had no accidents! AND.....no accidents at home!!!!!!!!!!! Day #3 and NO ACCIDENTS!!!!! WHOO HOO!

My mom is in high spirits. She is feeling much more confident about her surgery with the other surgeon vs. Dr. Johnson who has done all of the ones before. She meets with them on Tuesday and we should have a better idea of when they think the surgery will be.

George is staying busy. He has been working in landscape jobs with 2 customers here in our neighborhood so that has been nice. I can help, or atleast TRY to help him when I get out of school.

I finished MOD D yesterday and start MOD E on Monday! I only go to MOD G, then 8 weeks of EKG and 8 weeks of X-Ray, 4 weeks of externship and I am DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It has gone by fast I am almost 1/2 way finished. I had been slacking between Christmas and last week when it comes to going to the gym. I have been going a LOT this week. With the stress of what is going on with my mom, finals, and other life things, it has been a nice release! I would like to be back down to a singe digit size before I graduate....that is my goal. I am a size 12 now.... only 2 dress sizes to go! I have lost 13 lbs since school started but i have only had a gym membership since Thanksgiving!

That's it for now...........

5 comments:

  1. That is great about the potty training! Have Rylee call Leila and give her some pointers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for Rylee. We had the thicker training panties and I just gave up on those. They soaked up too much pee for her to realize she was not in a diaper. And I did not want to do pull ups either. It sounds like she is doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go Rylee! Eli doesnt want anything to do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rylee is doing awesome with the PLing! I bet it will be so nice to finally be done with school. You're almost there!!

    ReplyDelete