Monday, January 18, 2010

please pray.........

My mom is my best friend. She is a beautiful person both inside and out. Her faith in God is noteworthy and admirable. I hope that I can be as good of a friend and mom to Rylee that she is to me. She has endured so much the last 5 years......3 brain tumors/surgery, 1 reconstructive surgery, 1 cornea transplant, 74 treatments of proton therapy, an implant to let her be able to hear again and NOW they just found a 4th brain tumor/cyst. They are not able to tell weather this is a cyst or a tumor where as in the past they could tell that from the MRI that is was a benign tumor. Her normal brain surgeon, Dr. Johnson, is out on medical leave and she is SUPER nervous to have anyone else so the procedure on her. They will have to remove the plates that they put in during her reconstructive surgery in order to reach this new one. Her proton doctor said that they could laser it away but by doing that they will never know if it is malignant or not. She has decided to go ahead with the surgery but they have not set a date yet. I am worried more this time than in the past. She is normally so positive and strong with all of this that it makes you feel guilty for feeling sorry for her..... not this time. It has hit her WAY hard making it even more hard on me, which I know might sound selfish. I just worry that if she goes into surgery this time with any hesitation or doubt that she might not make it out. How much can one body handle? I know that it isn't up to me, my mom, or even her surgeon as to whether or not she lives or dies. I know that He has our life planned out before we are even born. I am just not ready to think about Rylee not remembering her. I need her in my life, she is my rock. She is my HERO she is my MOM! I don't want to know life without her.....My mom and I after her 2nd surgery
After her 3rd surgery......

PLEASE....if you pray then please pray for my mom and my family. If you don't pray please keep us in your thoughts..... Thank you so much.
My mom and Rylee about a year ago...this is her favorite picture of the two of them.

5 comments:

  1. I will definitely pray. I am so sorry Monica.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be praying for your mom! I hope that she comes through this just like every time before!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbie and I send our best. If you need anything don't hesitate to ask.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH Monica, I am so sorry your Mom and your family are having to go through this again. I will be praying for you guys. Let me know if you need anything, I am a good listener if you need one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Continued prayers for your Mom and family!

    ReplyDelete